Anti Spam Policy
Spammers Not Welcome Here.
This should go without saying, but we’ll say it anyway: it’s not OK to spam people and it is not a practice the our company engages in.
Chances are, you already knew spam is bad. And as an email recipient, you know it when you see it.
It’s important that as a sender, you know what spam is, too. We’d hate to see you make the mistake of spamming anyone with your email marketing campaign.
So let’s talk about what spam is and what happens if you do it at The Lead Tree International Corporation.
What Is Spam?
Ask 10 different people that question, and you’ll probably get 10 different answers.
Email senders (like The Lead Tree International Corporation) tend to use the textbook definition: Unsolicited Bulk Email (UBE). You can read more about this definition at Spamhaus.
UBE is a useful definition: it points out that some things that might be OK to do on a 1-to-1 basis (like send an email about your company to someone who has never heard of you) are not OK to do in bulk.
But it’s not a perfect one. Many things are not UBE but are considered spam by most people, including us.
Instead of trying to create a definition of spam that covers every possible scenario, let’s look at a few things that we will consider spamming. We think this will give you a pretty good idea of what not to do.
Things You May Not Do With The Lead Tree International Corporation
- Send email to people who have not specifically requested that information from you.
- If you collect subscribers somewhere other than on your website, and aren’t 100% sure someone asked to sign up to your email lists
- Post irrelevant links to your website in discussion forums, newsgroups or classifieds sites like Craigslist.
- Use email lists that you purchased, rented, leased, or in any way bought from a third party. This includes email addresses that you purchased via co-registration.
- Send unsolicited email through a third party in order to try to get people to sign up to your The Lead Tree International Corporation-managed email list, or to visit a website that you market using The Lead Tree International Corporation in any way.
- This includes trying to get people to sign up on an The Lead Tree International Corporation web form that you have placed on your website OR trying to get them to email your The Lead Tree International Corporation email address.
- Batch or in any way try to script the addition of new subscribers to the web form subscribe methods. (You can learn more about this in our service agreement.)
These aren’t the only things we might consider spam. But they’re a good guide.
Not sure if we’d consider something to be spam? Contact us and find out!
What Happens If I Spam, Or Try To Spam?
If we find that any member or associate of our company is spamming, or trying to spam, with your The Lead Tree International Corporation information:
Things that will definitely happen:
- We will immediately terminate the activity.
- We will take necessary actions to prevent it from happening again even if that means termination of employment.
Things that might happen:
- We might charge the person restitution if the spamming causes any calculable interruptions in your ability to service your customers.
- We might pursue legal action against the perpetrator. (Spamming violates our service agreement.)
Note: we don’t presume guilt. We investigate all potential spam incidents thoroughly before making a decision. But once we’ve made a decision, we act fast.
I Think An The Lead Tree International Corporation User Is Spamming Me. What Do I Do?
If you believe you have received spam from an The Lead Tree International Corporation user, forward the email you received to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the headers of the email when you forward it, and briefly tell us why you believe the message is spam. We take all spam complaints seriously and will investigate promptly.
I Have Questions About The Lead Tree International Corporation’s Anti-Spam Policy. Who Do I Talk To?
We’re happy to answer any questions you have about spam and our anti-spam policy. Just contact us!
Request a free BPO Consulting - Remote Staffing Quote
Have an exciting project for us?
Awesome! We'd love to hear about itContact us today!